Ontario Wheelchair Sports Association
Wheelchair Sports in Ontario
The Ontario Wheelchair Sports Association (OWSA) is the provincial governing body for four (4) wheelchair sports throughout the province of Ontario:
The OWSA is dedicated to the development and promotion of athlete-centred, amateur wheelchair sport programs throughout the province. We provide support and a variety of programs and services to our athletes and clubs in order to encourage athletes with a disability to get active, have fun, and challenge themselves through the power of sport.
- Find a local athletics, basketball, rugby, or tennis club/program in your area.
- Try out our sports first-hand through our Bridging the Gap “Have A Go” sessions and other introductory wheelchair sports programs and events.
- Compete in your chosen sport at tournaments, meets, and events at the local, provincial, and national level.
- Rent a sport wheelchair through the OWSA Wheelchair Loans Program.
- Learn about the importance of accessibility and inclusion in the classroom or the workplace by participating in our Enabling Change program with your classmates or coworkers.
- Discover various funding opportunities for wheelchair athletes, such as Quest for Gold, bursaries, and grants.