Wheelchair Basketball Division 3 (Recreational) Tournament
March 17, 2018 –
Date: Saturday March 17, 2018
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Ian D. Beddis Gymnasium (Court 1 & 2) - Walker Complex
500 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON, L2S 3A1
Parking: The nearest parking lot to the Walker Complex is Lot D. The parking rate is $10/day and does not allow re-entry. $3.00/hr meter parking is also available on campus.
Interactive Campus Map - Walker Complex
|Time||Game||Court 1||Court 2||Off|
|9:30 - 10:30||1 & 2||Penguins v Falcons||Vipers v Spinners||Dragons|
|10:40 - 11:40||3 & 4||Penguins v Dragons||Vipers v Falcons||Spinners|
|11:50 - 12:50||5 & 6||Penguins v Vipers||Dragons v Spinners||Falcons|
|Lunch Break (12:50 - 1:30)|
|1:30 - 2:30||7 & 8||Falcons v Spinners||Dragons v Vipers||Penguins|
|2:40 - 3:40||9 & 10||Falcons v Dragons||Penguins v Spinners||Vipers|
|3:50 - 4:50||11||Championship Game|
Registration: Coaches must register their team by emailing Jim Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, March 1.
Rules & Format:
This tournament will be played in a 5x5 format.
- Games will be 4 x 10 minute quarters running time (unless called for by the referees).
- If the game is within 4 points; stoppage time will be applied for the last 2 minutes.
- All participants must be current members of the Ontario Wheelchair Sports Association.
- Athletes must be listed on their club's Division 3 (Recreational) roster in order to be eligible to play. It is the coach/team representative's responsibility to submit rosters to the OWSA prior to the tournament registration deadline.
- Teams that do not have enough athletes to participate are encouraged to merge with another team in order to maximize participation.
- If you are an athlete who does not have a home club/team, please contact email@example.com and you will be placed on another team's roster.
Jonathan "Hot Wheels" Morrison Award
This year, the Brock Niagara Penguins are honouring the memory of Jonathan "Hot Wheels" Morrison with an annual award. This inaugural award will be presented to a player annually at the Niagara Invitational Wheelchair Basketball Tournament who displays similar characteristics that Hot Wheels showed at every practice and game during his wheelchair basketball career. This player will display a love and dedication to the sport and their team, a fierce competitiveness on the court, strong skills on and off the court, humour and ability to push his teammates and competitors to be better athletes and people.
Brock Niagara Penguins’ wheelchair basketball star, Jonathan Morrison, at the young age of 24 years, passed away on Sunday July 19th, 2015. Every player, coach, volunteer and supporter miss Jonathan.
Brock Niagara Penguins