Ontario Para Network
Excellence in Adaptive Sport
The Ontario Para Network (ONPARA) is the provincial governing body for three sports – wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby and wheelchair tennis and is a programming partner for wheelchair athletics. ONPARA is affiliated with the National Sport Organizations for each of these sports.
Our mission at ONPARA is to grow wheelchair sports opportunities across Ontario. We strive to create opportunities for athletes with physical disabilities to participate in any of our four sports at recreational, competitive, and high performance levels.
We provide support and a variety of programs and services to our members and clubs in order to encourage athletes with a disability to get active, have fun, and challenge themselves through the power of sport.
- Find a local wheelchair athletics, basketball, rugby, or tennis club/program in your area.
- Try out our sports first-hand through our Bridging the Gap “Have A Go” sessions and other introductory wheelchair sports programs and events.
- Compete in your chosen sport at tournaments, meets, and events at the local, provincial, and national level.
- Rent a sport wheelchair through the ONPARA Wheelchair Loans Program.
- Learn about the importance of accessibility and inclusion in the classroom or the workplace by participating in our Enabling Change program with your classmates or coworkers.
- Discover various funding opportunities for wheelchair athletes, such as Quest for Gold, bursaries, and grants.