Ontario Basketball Career Symposium for High School Girls
February 16, 2018 –
Registration Open for Free Basketball Career Symposium for High School Girls
Looking for something to do on your next PA Day? High school girls are invited to attend Ontario Basketball’s third annual Basketball Career Symposium on Friday, February 16 at Ryerson’s Mattamy Athletic Centre in Toronto.
This one-day event introduces high school girls to the many ways they can be involved in basketball beyond being an athlete. Through presentations and interactions with accomplished and influential women in the sport, they will learn how they can turn their passion for basketball into a career.
The speakers represent a broad range of careers, including coaching, refereeing, athletic therapy, sport nutrition, administration, communications, and more.
- Carly Clarke, Head Coach of Ryerson University women’s team; Assistant Coach of Senior Women’s National Team
- Anna Del Col, one of five female FIBA-carded referees in Canada
- Michelle Bell, Athletic Therapist for Ryerson University and Canadian National Team
- Shelby Weaver, Manager of Player Development for the Toronto Raptors
- Christine St. Clair, Sport Nutritionist at Canadian Sport Institute Ontario
- Josée Matte, Wheelchair Basketball Program Manager at Ontario Wheelchair Sports Association
- Toyo Ajibolade, Founder and Program Director of Lady Ballers Camp, a basketball organization that empowers girls to make healthy lifestyle choices
Ryerson’s School of Media will also provide participants with a tour of the Sportsnet RTA Production Centre, the hub for Ryerson’s sport broadcasts.
Registration for the Symposium includes dinner and tickets to Ryerson’s two basketball games against Nipissing. The women’s game will be refereed by an all-female crew and both teams will be coached by women, including Symposium guest speaker, Carly Clarke.
Date: Friday, February 16, 2018
Time: 1:00pm – 5:45 p.m.
followed by Ryerson women’s basketball game at 6:00 p.m. and men’s game at 8:00 p.m.
Mattamy Athletic Centre
50 Carlton Street, Toronto
Registration: Register for the Career Symposium now!
Limited spots available. Advance registration is required.
Coordinator, Business & Communications
OBA Day at Ryerson
Family and friends who would like to watch the Ryerson basketball games are welcome to attend the second annual OBA Day at Ryerson. Family and friends can register for free Ryerson basketball game tickets.
Ontario Basketball gratefully acknowledges the Ryerson women’s basketball team for their support of this annual event.